Monday, September 24, 2012

TD, Frequency 9/22/2012 & Mirimar Theatre 9/23/2012

Settle in kids, it is time again for a tale of two gigs. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

On Saturday night we opened for Mr. Fist and Kill Junior at The Frequency. We played great. I played great. The new drums sounded awesome through the sound system. The crowd loved it. We made $110. I had like 5 drinks but shoulda had none...but it didn't hurt my playing. All was well and glorious.

On Sunday we drove to Milwaukee for the Gorilla Battle of the Bands at the Mirimar Theatre. I knew the moment I was asked to play this show that it would be a total cluster fuck and it delivered. To their credit, the venue kept things rolling and on schedule mostly (despite the fact that venue was under new ownership and only honoring an existing committment and didn't want to put on the show)...but not much else positive can be said. Mis-communication at so many levels. No promotional posters up at venue. Link on website to event broken. No audience. Hauling my shit all over god's creation. Hurry up! Now hurry up and wait! Go here...no don't go here...go there. We sounded like shit. I played ok but not great. I had 3 drinks out of sheer boredom and frustration. A real shitter of a day. I'm exhausted.

Let this be a lesson to you. Hear me future self...never ever ever ever agree to do a battle of the bands show again. If you have to presell tickets to something...walk away. If there is more than 5 bands on a bill...walk away. If a promotion company of any type is involved...with few exceptions walk away. Walk away. Just...don't even think about it...walk. WALK.

Setlist Sat:
Sent It
At the Door
Bodies A Burnin
Better N Better
Jack
Gun in Your Grave
Fire Burns
HSUL
Gotta Tell U

Setlist Sun:
Sent It
Bodies A Burnin
Better N Better
Jack
Gun in Your Grave
HSUL


No comments:

Post a Comment