Monday, September 10, 2012

SSW, Mr Roberts, 9/6/2012

A last minute add-on with some guy names Tim B and the Cutouts. We played second. Mr. Roberts had a new PA that wasn't set up right and it took us half the show to resolve in any kind of way. It was my first show with the new kit, which is heavier and has more components than I'm used to having to set up, which is a bummer. But it sounds good. I couldn't really hear the kick drum...but I don't know if this is because of the way I had it muffled or because the sound in general was all fucked up. It is possible that the maple doesn't cut through as much...more low end, less cut. I skipped using the bags and all was well, really only need to be careful of the bass drum hoops, which could get scratched from laying on ground (especially concrete).

I played ok. I had things set up a bit wrong so kept catching stick on underside of cymbals and had to crank my arm weird to hit the ride, but I worked it out as the set went along. We probably weren't ready to play I've Been So Mad and Mr DNA out, but we made it through. I had one beer right before going on and that's all. The guy in the Cutouts managed to break the two lowest bass strings on a single song...that was something new. Don't know if or how much we were paid.

1. BOSCOBEL BREAKOUT
2. TEENAGE KICKS
3. WE ARE THE ONE
4. POLITICAL SONG FOR MICHAEL JACKSON TO SING
5. ONE TRACK MIND
6. HELICOPTER
7. NO FUN/I WANNA BE YOUR DOG
8. DANCE 4X TO THE RADIO
9. HATE AND WAR
10. NEW ROSE
11. WARSAW
12. TWO PINTS OF LAGER AND A PACKET OF CRISPS PLEASE (cut for time)
13. TOO DRUNK TO FUCK
14. I AM A cliché
15. SUSPECT DEVICE
16. I'VE BEEN SO MAD LATELY
17. FUCKED UP AND WASTED (cut for time)
18. MR. DNA

No comments:

Post a Comment