Monday, June 7, 2010

CJ, 6/4/10, Mickey's

The Type and The No and Maybe Game opened for us. Both sounded great. I ate something, forget what, before leaving for the show. Got to practice space for load in around 8:45pm. We took the stage around 12:30am and played until about 1:45am. I was home around 2:45am (though I didn't drive back to unload with the guys). I had one beer before the show, one during, and one after. All Spotted Cows. Also had a glass of water during the show and one before.

It was completely packed. Hot as hell. Band had very little room to move. Some lady was practically standing behind me. We used The Drain's PA and added two vocal monitors. I could hear myself fine and vocals went well. I used my own amp and no DI. Overall the set went well. It was a little hard to hear each other and I think this was messing with EH. Beat on Bone Machine got flipped and we had a hard time recovering. There were a couple of other little flubs but mostly things went well. I think we brought down $220 between all three bands...that's tips and % of bar.

People seemed really pleased. It is a weird vibe. People are really fanatics. It's nice to have such great energy, but it feels a little hollow cause I know they wouldn't think we were so great if we were playing originals. They are filling in the spaces with displaced affection. But oh well. It's nice to be appreciated anyway.

Setlist:
River Euphrates
Broken Face
Break My Body
Something Against You
Ed Is Dead
Gigantic
Cactus
Where Is My Mind?
The Holiday Song
Tony's Theme
Into the White
Nimrod's Son
Bone Machine
Oh My Golly
I've Been Tired
Isla De Encanta
Caribou
I'm Amazed
Brick Is Red
Here Comes Your Man
Vamos
Wave Of Mutilation

No comments:

Post a Comment