Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Preparing for the Next Singing Class

So the next singing class isn't for two weeks due to schedule conflicts, but I've volunteered to be one of the first few people to work on a song. I think I'm going to do "The World's A Mess" by X. I thought I'd need help with Pixies songs...but the main lingering problem with those isn't my power...it's my tendancy for my harmony vocals to drift to the melody (and go off key in the process). I plan to ask her about that too...but it feels slightly off topic for the course. And...part of the reason that happens is because I can't hear myself, which is partially about power.

The X song has pissed me off from the start. I thought I could sing it in the beginning, but the more that I worked on it, the worse that it got. Eventually, I had to ask the band to abandon it. And that's annoying. So I want to learn what I'm doing wrong.

From 1983-ish


And 2004...no doubt with less drugs


And more versions:




No comments:

Post a Comment