Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lessons Week 69

We continued with the MB setlist.

I've been up and down on whether I should try to audition. I felt a little discouraged at first because the first few songs we worked on were hard. And then I kind of ignored it for a while. But the last few lessons have been fun...the songs are fun. So I went ahead and sent an email to MB to see where he's at and if the position is even open. I'll need to bust ass to learn the songs for an audition if it comes to that...but I don't think it is out of my range.

I don't know...I'm kind of all over the place about whether I should add a third band to the rotation. But it just seems like a good opportunity and the tunes are good. I'm gonna start trying to actually learn the songs and then just see where the chips fall.

I'm also all over the place about whether I want to be playing more drums or more bass. I think that, until I learn the next 60 Pixies songs there's probably no need to try to pick up another bass gig...but it's hard not to keep looking. I also feel like I need to rededicate myself in general to actual drum practice (not just playing) and that adding more bands (on bass or drums) just takes me away from that. But I think MB would be an easy band to be in once I learned the songs because they are all pros...low drama. Anyway...who knows.

All I really know is that I need to be sitting at my drums more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment