Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back in the Saddle

At CJ rehearsal last night all was well. Felt like there never was a problem.

Guess I just gotta remind myself more frequently how the tunes go.

Plan hatched to play all 33 songs we know (4 of those new as of yesterday: La, La Love You, Gouge Away, I Bleed, Subbacultcha) at Mickey's gig on Aug 28th.

Further plan hatched to play all of Doolittle for Oct 30th Halloween gig at Mickey's. That will mean learning an additional 6 songs: Tame, Dead, Mr. Grieves, No 13 Baby, There Goes My Gun, and Silver

That leaves only tunes off Bossanova (13 more), Trompe Le Monde (13 more), and B-sides/raries (22 more) left to learn. So 48 total left. Which means we're half way through the discography by Nov 1st...7 months in to this deal. We'll see how it progresses. I think a decent way to go is by album at this point. I know EH doesn't much like Bossanova, so we might skip it and go straight to Trompe. Or maybe pick up the B-sides of the Doolittle era first like the band itself is doing on the Doolittle anniversary tour. I speculate only.

I'm feeling good again, though.

I love playing in this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment