Monday, August 30, 2010

CJ, Mickey's, 8/28/2010

I hadn't gotten good sleep all that week. Was pretty wiped out. Had a good dinner and a nap afternoon of the show. We went on about 11:45pm and played through bar time. Played an encore of Debaser.

I played pretty well. Goofed a few notes but nothing major. Vocals were ok, except at start of each set I had to adjust to monitors and was a little pitchy. Everyone else did really well...EH and CT both said they thought it was their best performances to date. T took some videos so I could finally review our performance. Other than feeling like I look a little goofy, I think we come off about the way I perceive us, which is well.

One beer before show, two during, one after. Also had a couple of glasses of water throughout and a little coffee before.

Crowd was nuts just like last time at Mickey's. Obviously big Pixies fans. Dancing, singing along, packed. It was Orton Park and lots of other stuff that day. Someone asked us to play Dockstock, but I have a conflict. Still, nice to be asked. Maybe that means word will spread amongst the underground scene and more invites will come.

Slyvia Beach opened and played a really short set. We gave them $90, tipped the bar $10, and we still cleared close to $50 each...so brought down a total of around $300 (tips and bar share, mostly bar share). A really good take for a show with no cover charge.

Setlist:

Set One:
The Holiday Song
Ed Is Dead
Oh My Golly!
Broken Face
Isla De Encanta
I Bleed
River Euphrates
Gigantic
U-Mass
Tony's Theme
Debaser
Hey
Cactus
Down to the Well
Nimrod's Son
Vamos

Set Two:
Caribou
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Subbacultcha
I'm Amazed
Brick Is Red
La La Love You
Here Comes Your Man
I've Been Tired
Levitate Me
Into the White
Bone Machine
Break My Body
Something Against You
Crackity Jones
Wave of Mutilation
Gouge Away
Where Is My Mind?
Encore: Debaser (again)

No comments:

Post a Comment