Monday, November 30, 2009

Focus

I've been away from the drums alot lately and it makes me nervous. It makes me nervous mostly because I've been okay with being away from the drums.

This holiday season will mark four years since I bough my drum kit, which is when I mark the start of learning to play the drums. This holiday season also marks just one year since I got serious about the enterprise, started taking regular lessons, and basically dedicated myself to trying not to suck. It is the first time in my life that I've ever actually TRIED to get good at something. Normally I learn the basics of how to do something...then give up.

I've kept a steady focus for nearly a year now, and that's quite an accomplishment in my little world. I'd like to continue that focus. I'm hoping that, with holiday travel temporarily over (though the end of December will have its own challenges) and with two gigs on the horizon and a new band in the making, I can recommit again and get enthusiastic about the thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment