Monday, November 2, 2009

The Nod

I finally got to see a full Nod show on Saturday night. I confirmed a fair amount of the drum parts and learned a few new things. There was a weird ride and high hat thing that I didn't quite get...not something I've seen people do before (it actually looked like he was hanging onto that by a thread himself). The guy is kind of interesting because he uses a fair amount of jazzy type cymbal stuff, but he also hits really hard pretty constantly. It's an interesting hybrid. I also noticed that he has a double bass pedal. I haven't noticed much crazy bass drum work on the recording, so I wonder if he used it on the recording.


I've been thinking lately that I want to start hitting a bit harder myself (and I've been doing so), but I think it is definitely a balancing act. You can get carried away with being a hard hitter. I don't think it is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment