Friday, November 6, 2009

Tags

I've been pretty conscious of trying to keep the number of tags that I use for this blog to a minimum and to be sure to tag every entry. I also try to keep posts to one topic/tag, or two at most. I'm not sure, but I feel like this will make things easier to find in the future. And it keeps posts somewhat succinct, which I prefer in a blog. One topic...couple of paragraphs. New thought/topic...new post.

This is somewhat new for me as I never used to tag blog entries. It is useful for a resource kind of blog like this. It is good for me (or any one else reading) to be able to find all the posts about drummers...or tunes...easily. It's part of the reason that I started this blog, to be able to organize my drum thoughts beyond just "drum." I had started to notice that I'd try to find certain information and couldn't, because the tags weren't specific enough. Yes...I read my own blog. Alot. No...alot is not a word.

I was noticing that some people really go nuts with tags, though, to the point that they seem pointless. I actually saw a blog post the other day where the list of tags was longer than the actual post. Something to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment