Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lessons, Week 41

We spent a long time playing a String Cheese Incident tune (not sure what it was called but it had ride on 1, 2, 3, 4 and an off beat kind of cross sticking pattern) and then played Bob Marley's Stir It Up and talked about One Drop Reggae. He had taught One Drop to me a long time ago (though I can't find record of this in my lesson notes), but I didn't quite get it. I also learned it at the Experience Music Project, but again it slipped my mind. I think I've got it now, but probably won't really have it until I play it lots and lots, which I doubt will be happening anytime soon.

We also spent a long time talking about his trips to Jamaica on behalf of a music charity that repairs people's homes. And we discussed whether or not I want to play in the student recitals Dec 12/19. Not sure yet. You only play one song, which is kind of a pain to show up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment