Monday, November 9, 2009

Revisiting Travis Barker

So speaking of second looks...

I finally dug into the Hal Leonard playalong book for Blink 182. The first time I looked at this book I didn't buy it because the drum parts looked too easy, and I said I was unimpressed with Travis Barker.

Following the charts along while listening to the tunes, though, I gotta say that I misjudged Barker. Yeah, there are parts that aren't that hard, but there are parts that are kind of complicated too. Lots of kind of complicated parts. Lots of parts that I certainly couldn't get right away.

So I'll be spending more time with Mr. Barker. I think that Blink 182's music is right up my alley too. I really don't know (like Green Day) why I never listened to them before. Chalk it up to old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment