Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Barracuda

(from 8/20/2009)
This is harder than it looks (took a serious look at the drum notation and listened to the recording last night):





I love that these videos exist. Especially the foot one. What a great idea. I've watched alot of drum instructional videos and I've never seen feet done like this before...and why not I wonder? It's brilliant.

Also, the value of watching someone play is just enormous. I listened to the recordings and followed the sheet music last night, but being able to see what is happening on top of that is just so very helpful. Having all three is just great. Something about watching gives you a sense of the feel better than reading the music, and sometimes it is really hard to parse out the drum part from a recording.

I can probably get this eventually, but not as quickly as I'd hoped. It's a two weeker at least, maybe more (practicing every day). It certainly won't be ready by next Tuesday, especially since I'm away from the kit after tonight (and have band tonight). But then again, the odds that I'm actually going to have to play this song for anyone but myself seem pretty slim.

But six months from now when some shitty bowling alley band asks me to audition on this I will be ALL OVER IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment