Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chad Smith

In the long line of seminal bands (hmmm, that seems like a bad choice of words) that I never listened to is the Red Hot Chili Peppers of which the drummer has primarily been Chad Smith.

He's what you'd call a big name in the drum world. Drummerworld says "Chad pulls off effortlessly one of the most difficult challenges facing drummers, the ability to blend high powered rock with blistering funk grooves." I also read that he's been known to wear a shirt that says "I Am Not Will Ferrell."

I usually try to make a personal connection in these tiny bios...to connect myself. I think I just haven't listened to him enough to do that here though. It makes sense that I would use him as an influence, because I like punk and I like funk...and he kind of blends those genres. And they are a perfectly fine band...I just don't feel compelled to listen to them. Yet anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment