Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dave Weckl

My life as of late has mostly consisted of: time at work, playing drums, watching tv, and reading drum magazines. I try to squeeze in some time for my girlfriend too. Lame, maybe, but I've been feeling happier and more at peace over the last few weeks than I have in a very long time.

Over and over in the drum magazines I see the name Dave Weckl. Since I have no idea who this is...here we go (wiki).

"For more than 20 years, Dave Weckl has developed and maintained a reputation among fans, peers, and the international music community as one of the great living drummers." His main affiliations seem to be with Chick Corea's Elektric Band and with the Manhattan Jazz Quintet and with The Dave Weckl Band and his genre seems to be "jazz fusion." Which explains why I don't know the man.

Elektric Band


The Dave Weckl Band


Weckl on Moeller Technique

No comments:

Post a Comment