Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Nod

About a month ago I had irrational hopes of auditioning to be the new drummer for The Nod, local college rock band. I was over-reaching as per my usual. I got as far as being asked if I was available on a certain day to audition, and then, a few days later, they said they'd found someone. I saw them play maybe a week after that, and assumed I was watching the new drummer because I thought their old drummer had long hair. I was completely demoralized by how well the guy nailed the parts so soon after joining the band, including the poly-rhythmic thing in The States that had been giving me fits.

Later on I figured out that it wasn't the new drummer at all, but the old guy. And then I felt better about the world.

Here's photographic proof from that day from Facebook, confirming it was indeed their old drummer (they had him perched on a little platform in front of Memorial Library, possibly the coolest impromptu drum location evar):

No comments:

Post a Comment