Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Larry Mullen Jr

(from 2/9/09)
I watched most of the Grammy's last night. In general I found the live performances to be really lame (an exception, Justin Timberlake's performance with TI). I didn't watch U2's entire performance...though I noticed for the first time that Bono looks more and more like Robin Williams as he gets older. But because Bono stood behind the drummer...for once you could SEE the drummer (you could also see the drummer during Paul McCartney's performance...and that guy was having a ball):


Larry Mullen Jr (U2)

More on Mullen later if I find the time today (I'll edit this post)...but surely he's had an influence on me even though I didn't know his name until today...which is what this series of posts is all about.

I recall thinking that listening to U2 made one cool...and so I bought Joshua Tree late in my high school career. It has got to be one of the best records of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment