Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gina Schock

(originally posted 1/9/09)
Someone got me to singing "Manic Monday"...which is a Bangles song. So for a split second I thought about writing about the Bangles drummer...then I said fuck that.

Gina Schock (Go Gos, note that they started with a different drummer)

Interesting tidbit...Schock wrote the title track for the new Miley Cyrus album, "Breakout".

Here's a cheesy local tv story about her:


Here's the music video for "Head Over Heels," which SPB played and I sang lead on (video has decent shots of drums):


More decent drum shots in this We Got the Beat video:


I've written about the Go Gos before, so I shan't rehash. Suffice it to say that I appreciate them more in retrospect than I did when they were popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment